8 reasons why your business should have LED lights
1. They last longerThis is easily the biggest reason LED lights will outmode traditional ones - they can shine for up to 100,000 hours constantly. Thats being left on for eleven years! Most businesses will probably use lights for around 8 hours a day so they should keep going for at least 20 years before fading out. In businesses, that means less maintenance time and costs.
2. Environmentally beneficialThere are no toxic elements used in LED lights. Contrast that with the fluorescent ‘strip’ lights many business use which contain some dubious elements like mercury - not great for the environment. LED lights are 100% recyclable and last a lot longer, reducing manufacturing energy expenditure and wastage.
3. Extremely energy efficientLED bulbs achieve an energy efficiency level of between 80% and 90%. In layman's terms, that means over 80% of the energy is turned into light. The remaining 20% becomes heat. In contrast, a standard bulb operating at 20% efficiency loses up to 80% of electrical energy as heat.
4. Durable qualityLED lights are surprisingly sturdy and so are highly durable, being able to withstand knocks and shocks. They're ideal for using outdoors use as they're very weather resistant.
5. Zero Ultraviolet emissionsLED lighting produces virtually no infrared light or UV emissions. Therefore they can be employed near heat-sensitive materials. This also makes LED lights ideal for using around other types of UV sensitive objects, for instance museum artefacts.
6. Targeted lightingLED lights focus light very accurately. Therefore they can be directed toward a specific location and achieve superior application efficiency when compared to traditional lighting.
7. Instant switch on/offLEDs light up the millisecond they are turned on. This of course means they can be switched off and back on again just as quickly. This sort of wear would reduce the longevity of normal lights, but not that of LEDs.
8. Low voltageLEDs only require a low voltage supply. So for instance, outdoor lights are often connected to a solar source and this is plenty to run LEDs. And you can't get much cheaper than solar power!
Published by Utility Helpline on (modified )
Wholesale Energy Prices Update 27/03/2020
Wholesale Energy Prices Update 20/03/2020
Convid 19 - Should I cancel my Business Energy direct debits
Wholesale Energy Prices Update 28/02/2020
Wholesale Energy Prices Update 21/02/2020